Help....what am I missing?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby rayfer » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:09 am

I enjoyed the demo so I bought the game today. Created a party, wandered around the starting castle then attempted to exit. There upon we are assailed by a horde of orcs that literally slaughters my party and the hapless npc guards. I have tried it six times now with the same result. Is there another way out of the castle or are there things to do in there to level up before exiting? My hands are tied....what am I missing? Thanks.
rayfer
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Help....what am I missing?

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Hello rayfer, thank you for buying the game. Please read this thread: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114&hilit=orcs

This other thread also has tips: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=251&p=2594&hilit=orcs#p2594

Is there another way out of the castle or are there things to do in there to level up before exiting?
There is no other way out. You should fight the elementals first. Then you can gamble a bit and buy a wand for your mage. You can scribe a few scrolls, or create a few things like crossbows with the Forge weapon feat. Then follow the tactics mentioned in the first thread. Good luck.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby rayfer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:07 pm

Thanks for the reply....I finally got past that first orc encounter and have been moving along quite well since....the game forces you to utilize the full range of spells and use tactics during battles.....I beginning to really enjoy its nuances.
rayfer
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 pm

another heathen lead to the light
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby rayfer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:20 am

LOL......another question if anyone is still reading this post....what is a good level to be at to take on the orc fortress. My characters are at level 7.
rayfer
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 am

Level 7 is fine for the orc fortress. You could probably do it at a lower level, the beginning parts at least.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby rayfer » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:40 pm

You were right....I got through it and now have my guys up to level 10. Interesting quirk is how animals and unintelligent beings know to swarm attack the mage...? I can understand intelligent creatures doing so as they would know the mage is a serious threat. Not a big deal....just an observation. I guess I'm off to the giant fortress next....seems to be the next step.
rayfer
Centaur (CR 3)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:58 pm

No, the next step is to check out the Mountain Pass. :-)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG