KoTC2 thoughts

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: KoTC2 thoughts

Postby Darthcast » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:37 pm

You could also implement a character and inventory management screen, were all your characters and all items you ever found are listed. The player can then decide (provided the module allows it) which characters and items to start with. This could be combined with a buying system, eg. the module gives the player 100 points to start with, the player's longsword+1 costs 10 points, his priest lvl2 costs 20 points (lvl1 would be free of course) etc.

This management screen could also be accessible during gameplay / after the module started, to change your party or get some items afterwards. The currency could be XP + Money...

I think I saw something like that in a strategy game. Don't know what the name was, but you could create and level up a hero and had to buy/choose your troops before every scenario of the campaign.
Darthcast
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 am

Darthcast wrote:This could be combined with a buying system, eg. the module gives the player 100 points to start with, the player's longsword+1 costs 10 points, his priest lvl2 costs 20 points (lvl1 would be free of course)
Yeah. Money or points, it's the same. A module could then specify how much magic you can start with. Not sure about equating character levels with points. Also, having to keep track of all the items a character ever possessed sounds too difficult.
Darthcast wrote:I think I saw something like that in a strategy game. Don't know what the name was, but you could create and level up a hero and had to buy/choose your troops before every scenario of the campaign.
I think that's Fire Emblem.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Void1984 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:51 am

I have just played and finished the demo.
I don't agree with Ikarius' thoughts about additional classes.

Barbarian - more HPs, damage reduction, better reflex saves - not much different from Fighter, but that also makes him easy to implement. Can Add more variety than having two Fighters.

Sorcerer is useless with current casting rules (which rules I like).

Monk is interesting. At the beginning he has low AC, but I always play with Mage Armor at the time.

Druid - probably requires a lot of work to implement bunch of new spells. He has healing spells, without an ability to cast them spontaneously, but with current casting system that drawback doesn't exist. I can trade one of the Fighters (less the Cleric) for him.

Ranger - nice to pair with Druid. Also adds more variety.

Rogue - I miss him much. His sneak attack is devastating and adds much to gameplay. He has a high probability to stand surrounded with enemy and don't take any damage when a Fireball lands there.

Anyway for four characters it would be more interesting to have at least four classes and my choice would be the Rogue.
Void1984
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Previous

Return to Ideas for KotC 2