about the craft feats

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

about the craft feats

Postby Belano » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Hello:

I've recently bought the game and I'm enjoying it very much. I didn't have so great time with a RPG since a lot of years ago.

Right now, I'm at the beginning of the game in the first town. My characters are level 3 and, before I level them up, I want to know if the craft weapons and armors, craft magic weapons and armors, craft woundrous items are a must to play the game. Normally, I prefer to wait to find good equipment, because I like the feelinf of discovering objects. Also I have read in other topic (well, I read a little because it have a spoiler alert and I don't want to know what to expect in the game) that with the craft feats the players become overpowereds.

So, my first question is if the are enough good magic items, armors and weapons through the game to equip the four characters. And my second question is if playing without the craft feats is too difficult (aka is almost impossible to win the game).

Thank you

PD: please, without spoilers to specific encounters.
Belano
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

about the craft feats

Advert

Re: about the craft feats

Postby Dorateen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I think the craft feats are pretty much required, or at the very least, extremely helpful. This will cover crafting items with properties you need in order to damage certain enemies, as well as the importance of crafting wands. Then there are those various slaying arrows, which can be a difference maker in key battles...
Dorateen
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Belano » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:29 am

Well, thank you for the advice (and the welcome).

You were right. Before my wizard could enchant wands and my cleric scribe spells, the game was very very difficult. Now, I'm at the Tunnels under the Orc Stockade and the battles weren't that difficult, but I think I wouldn't have been able to win them if I hadn't used this to feats.

But I am trying not to use the other craft feats though that the game won't become too easy.
Belano
Goblin (CR 1/3)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby MonkeyLancer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:02 pm

hehehe it won't be too easy soon enough
MonkeyLancer
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:45 pm

I think the only feat you really need is Scribe Scroll for the cleric.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby MonkeyLancer » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:35 am

*cringe* I've never used scribe scroll before, not that I don't see an advantage in using it.

As a Devil's advocate, I think that normally clerics make competent crafters because of their generally all-encompassing spell selection.
MonkeyLancer
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG