Could use some help, am I stuck?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Smoof » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:25 am

Hello everyone,

I managed to get myself stuck in the Lich's tower, I can't remember what it's called, but it's the one with all the undead where you need to kill the Lich to get out. But essentially, I didn't realize what the tower was, but I managed to get in and get stuck. My characters are only 11, not realizing how powerful the creatures inside are. I managed to fight my way through quite a few creatures, but now that my Wizard and Cleric are out of spells, I'm utterly screwed, as they were the only damage I was able to do. I'm on the second level, I've encountered the Babau's and there's no way I can take them on with my characters. So, is there anyway to escape or will I need to start anew?

I'm not averse to cheating, should it exist.

Thanks
Smoof
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)

Advert

Re: Could use some help, am I stuck?

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:26 pm

You only get 1 chance to get into the tower, so you better be able to defeat anything inside (the Lich is only the second hardest fight).
So you should revert to a save before you entered the tower. If you have Gold/XP you could try to Scribe Scrolls with your wizard. Anyway, last time someone had that problem and no save before entering the tower, BlueSalamander changed the savegame so that the party was outside the tower again. So if you don't want to start over, just wait until BS shows up and then send him your savegame.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Smoof » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:23 am

Thanks,

I definitely hope he shows up then! I'd prefer not to start over, but I have to, I guess I have to.
Smoof
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Well, normally you would continue playing using the last game you saved before entering. Otherwise, zip your save folder (SaveGame\FullVersion\1) and send to enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com, I'll move your characters out of the tower and send it back to you.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Smoof » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks!

I've sent them along.

My problem is, I use three different save slots, but I'm a savegame maniac, so I ended-up entering the tower and as I gradually fought my way through to the point I could no longer go, I kept saving and saving, eventually saving over my initial game before entering the tower.
All I was trying to do is gain some levels, as I kept getting rocked by one of the ambush scenarios.

Thanks!
Smoof
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)

Postby Demiath » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:34 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Well, normally you would continue playing using the last game you saved before entering. Otherwise, zip your save folder (SaveGame\FullVersion\1) and send to enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com, I'll move your characters out of the tower and send it back to you.

...and that's the problem with you, BlueS, you're just too damn nice. In this modern age of smart monetization and omnipresent micropayments, there should be a pop-up window upon entering the Lich Tower which A) informs the player of his or her unfortunate predicament, B) offers an easy, painfree way out for the paltry sum of, say, 15 GBP... ;)
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:28 pm

there should be a pop-up window upon entering the Lich Tower which A) informs the player of his or her unfortunate predicament, B) offers an easy, painfree way out for the paltry sum of, say, 15 GBP... ;)
:lol: A) is right. I was also thinking that there ought to be a 'system save' which can't be deleted and is created (through a script) when you enter a no-return area, like the few that exist in KotC.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG