Weapon Finesse

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Weapon Finesse

Postby Ironhawk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:41 am

Does the Weapon Finesse feat work?

I made a party which included a half-elf knight with weapon finesse and 20 dex. However in combat I noticed that he was doing hardly any damage. Looking at his character sheet, the dex bonus is not listed in the weapon damage section. Additionally, looking through the combat rolls log shows no dex bonus being applied.
Ironhawk
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Weapon Finesse

Advert

Re: Weapon Finesse

Postby Ironhawk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:42 am

Oh and I was wielding a Rapier and a Short Sword. Neither weapon shows any bonus being applied.
Ironhawk
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:43 am

Weapon Finesse lets you use your Dex modifier for to-hit calculations instead of STR. To-hit rolls. It has nothing to do with damage. So while having Weapon Finesse and high DEX will let you connect well your damage will still kinda suck (because STR determines damages) unless you heavily enchant the weapons. Try to go full STR with your dual-wielder next time having only the Dex required for the two-weapon fighting feats.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Ironhawk » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Ah, yes a careful rereading shows you are correct. I simply assumed the bonus was to attack + damage, like the strength modifier is.

Thanks!
Ironhawk
Lizardman (CR 1)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby deathknight1728 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:24 am

Keep in mind, weapon finesse is not the worst. I used it pretty well in the past. Just dont lower your strength past 14 and you should be fine. Crank your constitution to 18 and you will have a graceful tank. Then all you need to do is add keen to your weapon or weapons and your in business.
deathknight1728
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG