My KotC Rant

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

My KotC Rant

Postby hydd » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:14 am

Greetings all,

I wanted to share a recent article I wrote about Knights of the Chalice.

The url is http://www.benjaminbook.com/component/content/article/4-blog/12-kotc. [Note from BlueSalamander: this is a broken link as of May 2012]

I'm not trying to divert traffic nor do I have any dishonest intent. I only wish to show the enjoyment KotC has given me!

Best Regards,

Hydd
hydd
Lizardman (CR 1)

My KotC Rant

Advert

Re: My KotC Rant

Postby BeersAndBabes » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:53 am

I must agree with almost everything you said....My only criticism is that I think I would call it more of a rave than a rant. The word rant has negative connotations to me and I went in expecting to see some harsh criticism but instead I found someone with the exact same opinions as I do about this game :D

I only recently found out about KoTC and having played it, I think it is the best cRPG I have played in quite a long while. Ever since Wizardry 8 really.

Awesome stuff.

I really wish there was a larger audience for games like this so that it could make the millions of dollars it deserves. Then maybe more cRPGs would be done :D But I am content to wait for KoTC 2 whenever it comes out.
BeersAndBabes
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby hydd » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be sure to call it a rave next time :)

Wizardry 8 is one of my favorites. My largest concern of that game was the slow paced combat.

Either GoG.com or Steam (or something new entirely) needs to accept submissions from indie cRPG developers. Would love to see a more efficient index of these amazing titles.
hydd
Lizardman (CR 1)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:06 pm

Hello and welcome, hydd and BeersAndBabes. hydd, thank you for the cool blog entry.
One thing of note concerning the picking up of items - if you push Space while mousing on 'all items', the party will move towards the treasure and pick it up regardless of how far away it is from the party.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby hydd » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:48 am

Thanks for the welcome BlueSalamander :)

I edited my article to include your workaround.

Best Regards,

Hydd

P.S. Thanks for the incredible game
hydd
Lizardman (CR 1)

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG