Avernum-EFTP: Thoughts

Feel free to post about any of the above topics.

Postby deathknight1728 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:42 pm

I waited a long time for this game to come out and it so far is very good. Still not as good as Avadon in my opinion but what can i say. Its very fun as the talent system really should have been in there for a while. I also was wondering if the maker of HFGames will be playing this game. I only wonder as it was his review that got me into avernum series.

What does everyone else think?
deathknight1728
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Avernum-EFTP: Thoughts

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Here's the link for Avernum: Escape from the Pit: http://www.avernum.com/avernum/index.html
I don't think I'm going to play it any time soon because I bought the first Avernum trilogy and out of the three games, so far I completed only the first one.
Is Escape from the Pit a remake of the first game? The story seems to be the same.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Avernum-EFTP: Thoughts

Postby deathknight1728 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:56 pm

Whoa, so much for that. What a HUGE disappointment for a game. Low experience gain was annoying but what took the cake was the fact that your fighter/rangers cant hit a thing with their weapons. You will go through most of the game just avoiding fights and proceeding to areas where you can fight enemies, only to ricochet back to areas where you can hit.

Because of that, i cant even rate this game up there in playable category. Others might find that to be fun but i think that is retarded. The avadon series for this part, is much more playable as you can enjoy the experience.

If anything this is another reason why i like the 2nd avernum series more. Who cares if those games are linear, they tell a good story and you can enjoy the experience unlike the former.
deathknight1728
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About cRPGs, RPGs and fantasy books and films