Problem learning spell from scroll.

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Yttermayn » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:16 pm

I have a dispel magic scroll, and neither my mage nor my cleric seem to be able to learn from it. Neither of my casters have the spell already, and they are well above the level needed to learn it. With either character, however, I drag the scroll to the 'learn' tag in the inventory screen and it drops back into inventory, no learning happening. I have no idea whether the scroll is considered arcane or divine. I am running 1.27 full version, and I don't know how to update it to 1.3. Instructions would be helpfull for both issues. Thanks!
Yttermayn
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Problem learning spell from scroll.

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Yttermayn, please download the more recent version there http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/DigiVendorPro/download.php, install it and try again.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Yttermayn » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:05 am

Ok, I'm updated, but I still can't learn the spell. It can't be that I'm up against a max number of spells known thing because after leveling, I can pick new spells from any level. Also, there are some scrolls that I can still learn from, just not dispel magic. I also noticed my mage has no option to pick dispel magic during level up for some reason.
Yttermayn
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:14 am

I forgot to mention that it's a wizard-only spell in KotC. As for why you're not learning it, I'd guess it's because your wizard already knows the spell, or else he's not level 5 yet.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Yttermayn » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:09 am

Ok, wizard is casting level 8 spells now, that can't be the problem. Wizard also definitely doesn't have it. However, she was able to learn another level 3 spell from a scroll. I'm confounded.
Yttermayn
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Ok if you like I'll have a look. Zip your saved game and send it to enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com. Cheers
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Yttermayn » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Ok, just sent it off with the subject line "Can't Learn Dispel Magic".

Thanks!
Yttermayn
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Thanks, I've loaded it and your Wizard already has got Dispel. That's her first level-3 spell in the spell list screen.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Yttermayn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 am

Dang, how in the world did I miss that?! I checked her spell list twice!

Thanks, and sorry for wasting your time.
Yttermayn
Kuo-toa (CR 2)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG