Make KotC2 happen

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Make KotC2 happen

Postby almondblight » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 am

Prison Architect's made more than $400,000 from Alpha funding, which is another option.
almondblight
Centaur (CR 3)

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm

hydd, thank you very much for your support!
I'm likely to launch a Kickstarter in the future. No rush though, as a Kickstarter is more likely to get funded when a project is nearly completed.
Feel free to post ideas for reward tiers in another thread if you like.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Charles-cgr » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:38 pm

I wouldn't say nearly completed, but having a gameplay video, perhaps a demo, then use crowdfunding for content development. Nearly completed games got away with it in the beginning but I'm not sure that'll work much longer.
Charles-cgr
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:11 pm

Yeah, that's what I mean by nearly completed. Content is like the 95% that you have to do after finishing the first 95%. :D
Look at ADOM, it was a Kickstarter for a completed game.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Charles-cgr » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Yeah, that's what I mean by nearly completed. Content is like the 95% that you have to do after finishing the first 95%. :D
Look at ADOM, it was a Kickstarter for a completed game.

Totally agree with the 95%² thing :)

I know it has worked for ADOM and others (FTL) but doubt it'll work much longer for nearly completed games though. There are hordes of comments here and there by people who dislike the fact that crowdfunding has been used as a preorder service.
Charles-cgr
Kuo-toa (CR 2)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:26 pm

I won't use it as a pre-order service.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Gibbed » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:42 am

I believe your kickstarter has a better chance of taking off than you think because of the cred you have from KotC 1 and I registered just to say so. Hope you decide to pursue it sooner rather than later. Cheers.
Gibbed
Kobold (CR 1/4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby almondblight » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:20 am

Yeah. Just be sure to do a pre-Kickstarter media blitz, that seems to help things out.
almondblight
Centaur (CR 3)

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:12 am

Since kickstarter does UK now too, what's the amount you would have in mind BS? 100K? More?
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Based on the idea that I would first get combat working - which means making sure characters, feats, spells, equipment, maps and AI all work - I could seek £40K ($63K) to pay artists, musicians and adventure designers. With Kickstarter, if the target amount is not raised, all the work done to launch and advertise the Kickstarter is wasted.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2