Sorry. Stuck again!

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Sorry. Stuck again!

Postby Alberto » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm having to do one of the Elemental fights before I can give Quoris the chalice and I can't keep Shania alive.
Is she still critcal to the game at this stage? I'm just about to fight King Sulphur.

Thanks'
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:17 am

Is she still critcal to the game at this stage?
No she's not.

I'm just about to fight King Sulphur.
You could do that first.

[teleport] I would prefer it to not exist.
Yeah, I know. The only use I can think of as of now, is if you're playing with random encounters and at some point you want to return fast without any more fighting.

[forge weapon] One of my Knights has it but he must be a too low a level to craft mithral yet.
I don't think there's a level requirement, but the character needs some experience points and gold.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Alberto » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:02 pm

Tried killing King Sulphur first but I couln't manage it so did it the other way round.

Moving on nicely again now but got a couple of questions.

At what level will my Knight be able to craft Mithral and does craft wand stop at level 4 spells?

Thanks again,
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:30 pm

1) There is no lvl requirement to craft mithral, or any other material for that matter. You just have to bring up the crafting screen, choose leather armor and choose the material. Like you'd do for crafting a cold-iron or adamantine weapon. Leather Armor has 2 AC, so a Leather Armor + 5 already improves over Mage armor by 3. Then you can enchant it with maximum spell resistance and invulnerability (partial immunity to crits iirc). Another invaluable item for a mage (or actually, anybody really) is the Cloak of Displacement because it gives you 50% concealment, meaning enemies will miss their attacks half of the time.

2) Yes, wands are only for up to lvl4 spells.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Alberto » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:54 pm

Ah,got it now. :)

Many thanks,
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby Alberto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:04 am

Hmm,I've found a scroll with the dragons on the lower level of the Fire Giants,I took it to the King who said I should read my notes but I'm no good at codes myself and I've no idea,with Shania dead,who to take it to.

thank,
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:20 am

Shift the letters of the alphabet by a few steps and you'll get something meaningful :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Alberto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Shift the letters of the alphabet by a few steps and you'll get something meaningful :)

Well,I think the wife's cracked the code (LR4x5?) but I still can't find whatever I'm looking for. A door? a key?

Need your help again,bud,
sorry,
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:55 pm

First, go back to the village (Torbury I think) and talk to everyone.
Next, if you're stuck, you can read this thread http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=129. Enjoy!
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Alberto » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:33 pm

I presume you have to find the door or key first and I still can't find it. Is it in the North or South room from where I killed the Dragons?

I've talked to everyone in Torbury,Shania's dead and I don't think I've got a save before she died.

Does this mean a restart?

PS. Is "fore" a golf reference?

Thanks,
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG