Sorry. Stuck again!

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Sorry. Stuck again!

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Oh, okay. At this point you're supposed to talk to the Duke and then head towards the ancient temple of Vanicia. That's where you will need the info from the scroll.
Your adventure log also has some info. You don't need to restart. Concerning fore, it's more like forehead this time. See the link I mentioned in previous post.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby Alberto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks,mate. Probably should have got it last night but I was half boiled and couldn't count up to 4 effectively :roll:

Got it first time this morning and moving on again.

Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby Alberto » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:40 pm

A few hints on tactics for the Tyrannixus battle would be good.

I've tried a search of the forum but I'm not very good at reading a lot on screen these days.

Thanks,
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:07 pm

For this battle I suggest you use the cleric spells Mass Death Ward and Mass Protection versus Evil and the Wizard spells Irresistible Dance, Dehydrate and Web. You can have your characters scribe some high-level spells in advance too.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Alberto » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks again,but I have given that about 20 goes.

I can clear the room pdq but the only way I can find to damage the dragon are ice spells and they won't do it before he kills my cleric. Any advice appreciated,
thanks,
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby Alberto » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:51 pm

Anyone?

Thanks,
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:30 am

Mm, you can use Irresistible Dance repeatedly to stop the dragon. Also, it's okay if your cleric dies as long as the other characters can manage to finish the battle.
You can have the cleric raised by NPC clerics afterwards.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Tiavals » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:09 am

What's your party like? 2 fighters, cleric, mage? What spells for the casters and feats, what about fighters? More info is needed to advice a strategy suited for your group.
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Alberto » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 am

Tiavals wrote:What's your party like? 2 fighters, cleric, mage? What spells for the casters and feats, what about fighters? More info is needed to advice a strategy suited for your group.

Can't do this,sorry.

I've no feeling in finger ends due to trapped nerve in neck,so typing is very hard.

Thanks anyway
Al.
Alberto
Fire Giant (CR 10)

Postby Tiavals » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:25 am

I'll suppose you have 2 fighters, 1 mage and 1 cleric:

Fighters: You should have a Holy Destruction +4 weapon for each. For armor I prefer Adamantium Fullplate of Fortification 3. For rings, ones that give resistances(Greater Fire and Acid for instance). +6 str belt, +6 con amulet, +6 dex bracers, +6 wisdom helm. Boots of striding. Cloak of displacement or +5 to all saves.

Pretty much the same items for wizard and cleric(except worse armor and int6 headband for wizard).

For wizard spells:
9th Dominate Monster(it's the most powerful spell in the game objectively, although less useful in this battle compared to the true final bonus battle). Energy drain is useful against the dragon IF you can penetrate spell resistance(big if, since it has a huge one)
8th Irresistable Dance(for the dragon) and dehydrate(for the mooks)
7th Waves of exhaustion and discharge
6th Greater Heroism(makes hitting the dragon MUCH easier if cast on fighters)
5th Wall of stone
4th Fire shield and stoneskin(possibly cast on fighters).
3rd Haste(extremely useful)
2nd Web(better than the spell level implies)
1st Magic missile(useful in many situations)

Possible strategy:
Cast Wall of Stone to prevent enemies from getting line of sight on you(and thus using spells and bows and such). Cast haste, heroism and such behind the wall and prepare for the battle. Once the wall is down, dehydrate enemies and finish them off with fighters. Once the dragon is left, use Web(if fighters have cloak of spider) or Irresistable dance. Possibly waves of exhaustion or dischage. If you're feeling lucky, cast fire shield(cold version) on a fighter and grapple the dragon. It makes it easier for the other fighter to hit the dragon(although the dragon will likely kill the fighter grappled quickly).

For cleric:
9th Mass Heal, Mass Harm, True resurrection
8th Firestorm
7th -
6h Heal, Harm
5th Greater protection from evil, Righteous might(if your cleric is good in melee)
4th Freedom of movement(if the dragon grapples and you don't like it), Divine power(if melee cleric)
3rd Mass protection from evil
2 -
1 -

After wizard has cast wall of stone, cast mass protection from evil on the party, or multiple greater protection from evils. After wall is down, use firestorm to deal damage, or mass harm. After your useful spells have been cast, use righteous might and then divine power and attack the dragon with the fighters(unless you feel its more useful to heal the fighters when they take damage)

Hope it helps, I don't recall the battle completely but I think something like this should make it easier. Of course, if you've used a similar tactic, then I guess luck is a big factor. :)
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

PreviousNext

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG