Sorry. Stuck again!

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Re: Sorry. Stuck again!

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 pm

I think that this building can't be entered once you have defeated the Slaver Lords, so just leave the city.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby Waterd103 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 pm

I think you can, you just have to attack or listen to the door or attack talk to the guards, don't remember
Waterd103
Marilith (CR 17)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Albie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Ok,I'll give it a try.
Thanks,
Al.
Albie
Griffon (CR 4)

Attacks of Opportunity

Postby deathknight1728 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:42 pm

1-I just cant seem to figure out how to get more attacks of opportunity. I know you can only get 1 per round but is there a better way of setting them up in combat?

2-Edit-By the way, when an enemy moves away from my character, is that considered an AOE?
deathknight1728
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Tiavals » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:02 pm

1: The Combat Reflexes feat allows you to get Attacks of Opportunity up to your dex modifier. You can't really make getting AOOs any easier in KOTC as it lacks "reach weapons", which in OGL allow you to hit beyond one square. You can try to manipulate the environment, like using Wall of Fire at the enemy(or web or such), which may make it preferrable for the enemy to take the AOO instead of taking fire damage each round.

2: Almost always, yes. If the enemy uses a 5-foot step to move away, then it isn't, but otherwise it is.(unless you're stuck in web, grappled, or otherwise unable to do so). OGL has some other rules, but KOTC uses a limited version which, IIRC, ignores stuff like Double-move and such.
Tiavals
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby deathknight1728 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:00 pm

I think that makes sense. The only problem I have is what about per enemy? If I have a dexterity of 14 and have combat reflexes, does that mean when 1 enemy moves away, I get 3 attacks of opportunity against him or against 1 per enemy? Ive seen dragons get that the first time I played this game. Completely ridiculous.
deathknight1728
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:07 pm

You don't get three attacks on the same enemy. In the same round, you get an AOO on the 1st enemy that moves away from you, then another AOO if a 2nd enemy moves away from you, then a third AOO if a 3rd enemy moves away from you (or casts a spell, or uses a ranged weapon near you).
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Previous

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG