Any chances of the game coming to some modern distribution?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Borsook » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:40 am

I may be spoilt by the times, but I'd really love to be able to buy the game from a place I already use, and that takes care of some aspects of installation etc for me. So is there any chance the game will come to Steam, Desura (this might fit it's profile better) or Gog?
Borsook
Ettin (CR 6)

Advert

Re: Any chances of the game coming to some modern distribution?

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:44 am

Bringing your game to GoG might be worth considering.

We offer you an advance on royalties. This way you get some extra budget to put the final polish on your game and feel more confident about us as your business partner. Learn more!

http://www.gog.com/indie
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks for posting. I'm interested in having KotC on distribution sites.
But first I'd like to see if they can distribute Battle of the Sands. I contacted them recently about that.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Borsook » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:04 am

BlueSalamander wrote:Thanks for posting. I'm interested in having KotC on distribution sites.
But first I'd like to see if they can distribute Battle of the Sands. I contacted them recently about that.

Great to hear, don't know about BotS but KotC is far higher quality than most indie games out there :)
Borsook
Ettin (CR 6)

Postby Doctor Sbaitso » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:09 am

Get KoTC on GOG or steam and I will buy two more copies and gift them. If for no other reason than that these sites track what I have paid for and I don;t need to worry about tracking or keeping media.
Doctor Sbaitso
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks Dr. Sbaitso. As I said, I'm interested. So far though, I haven't had any reply from any site.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Borsook » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:59 am

On a slightly related note here is KotC http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/knights_of_the_chalice on Gog's wishlist, we could try to upvote it! :)
Borsook
Ettin (CR 6)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Mmm, well I contacted them for BotS because that's the game that needs a boost more than KotC.
But I'm okay with talking about both games with them. If they start replying, that is. ;)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Borsook » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:30 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:Mmm, well I contacted them for BotS because that's the game that needs a boost more than KotC.
But I'm okay with talking about both games with them. If they start replying, that is. ;)

Bots being RT and KotC TB I guess they would appeal to different crowds, so getting both of them would be great! It would be interesting to know how Gog's initiative of welcoming Indies works out in practice :) I live near their office so if they don't reply I can go and shout at them :)
Borsook
Ettin (CR 6)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:37 pm

if they don't reply I can go and shout at them
:lol: Okay. I'll let you know how it goes.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Next

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG