The equipment-slots for the more exotic races?

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Postby Atoch » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:37 pm

All is said in the title.
I’m just curious.
The mantis seems to have for her four arms four weapon slots, but has she four ring slots too? What about shoe-slots for the mantis, centaur and half-salamander? Are there race specific torso-armours?
Will every playable race have the same number of equipment-slots?

P.S: Happy new year!
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: The equipment-slots for the more exotic races?

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:53 am

Atoch wrote:All is said in the title.
I’m just curious.
The mantis seems to have for her four arms four weapon slots, but has she four ring slots too? What about shoe-slots for the mantis, centaur and half-salamander? Are there race specific torso-armours?
Will every playable race have the same number of equipment-slots?

P.S: Happy new year!
Hello Atoch, sorry for the delayed reply. To answer your question: all characters have the same inventory sheet, meaning the same slots for wearing rings and other items, and the same number of backpack slots. The only exception is creatures with more than two arms: they get more slots strictly for wielding weapons. The number of ring slots and other slots is not a reflection of the creature's arms or fingers. It's just a game-balance factor.

While creatures have the same number of equipment slots, all creatures can carry bags which provide more slots. But there is a limit on carried weight, based on strength.

Armour is not limited to particular races or sizes, all armour works with everyone who can wear armour. I don't think that restrictions would make a better game.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Atoch » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:15 pm

Thanks for your reply.
The simple approach seems to be the best way to handle it. Even if it makes me imagine some silly looking pictures. :D
By the way, in the description of the Mantis is the word “rake” quoted. I did contact the dictionary, but I still can’t make any sense out of it.
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:54 am

Rake is a special ability used when grappling. See: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Rake
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to Ideas for KotC 2