Links to KotC2 (Pre-)Kickstarter Threads

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Postby Endarire » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Greetings, all!

May these links be useful to learn what people want from KotC2. (Making the art style have animated sprites instead of tokens has been a significant request from RPG Codex and a hint from them as a way to generate even more revenue. The Codex also was curious how the funds were being distributed: Art assets? Hiring testers? Making more modules/content? Other?)

Circle of 8/Temple of Elemental Evil

GiantITP/Giant in the Playground

GOG/Good Old Games

Owlcat Games (Pathfinder: Kingmaker)

MinMax Forum

RPG Codex

RPG.net
Endarire
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Links to KotC2 (Pre-)Kickstarter Threads

Postby VentilatorOfDoom » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:58 am

Links to threads on "RPG" sites... and the only thread that actually contains anything worthwhile (or anything at all) is the thread on...

THE RPG CODEX.

I approve of not linking to RPGWatch at all.

That's right, boys, forget about those lesser sites and bask in the glory of the Codex and the Codex alone.

Codex 20:3 Thou shalt not have other websites before me.
VentilatorOfDoom
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby itsdat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:50 pm

VentilatorOfDoom wrote:Links to threads on "RPG" sites... and the only thread that actually contains anything worthwhile (or anything at all) is the thread on...

THE RPG CODEX.

I approve of not linking to RPGWatch at all.

That's right, boys, forget about those lesser sites and bask in the glory of the Codex and the Codex alone.

Codex 20:3 Thou shalt not have other websites before me.

Heh. Some posters on those sites are whining about the gfx style + the token system...and they call themselves RPG addicts? Sad. :o :? Who cares about graphics? Personally I love the token system for example. It's board game-ish, so how can that be bad? :o If you are registered on these sites [codex & watch], perhaps you should tell them that they can start working on a tileset, if they don't like the vanilla tokens/map/dungeon/etc gfx, because we will be able to replace everything graphics related.
Oh and one more thing. Some people are confused as I see. The game is done. I mean the engine + module #1. It will be released to KS backers once the KS ends. Pierre will use the KS money to work on the other modules/new features [KS goals]/etc.
itsdat
Umber Hulk (CR 14)

Postby galneon » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:51 am

VentilatorOfDoom wrote:That's right, boys, forget about those lesser sites and bask in the glory of the Codex and the Codex alone.

It's not a bad resource for learning about obscure titles, but the rampant fascism turns me off.

I've previously mentioned the independent artist who has done most (all?) of the character sprites for Tales of Maj'Eyal and Low Magic Age as an option after I pointed out the accessibility/initial appeal issue with the tokens, but it may be too late at this point. I'll be buying the game and probably loving it regardless, but I remain concerned about the negative impact any sort of symbolic character art will have. It's all but self-evident to me that, by their very nature, tokens harm immersion and believability.

itsdat, I didn't read any of the linked threads so I don't know how vitriolic some of the posters were, but many of us just want to see the game succeed. If you observe Steam long enough, you figure out what it takes. From a selfish perspective, that also means that if KotC2 ends up a niche game for people like you and me (I've never shirked a game over graphics, minus one particularly gross but very popular action rogue-like that features abundant feces), we're not going to see nearly as much mod content.
galneon
Chimera (CR 7)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:00 pm

Just wanted to say that yes, maybe the artist of Low Magic Age will do tokens for KotC 2 in the future. There's nothing preventing it and more tokens is always good IMO.

Also IMO it's the game's overall quality and the reviews written by players that determine how many people play the game and make mods in the end. See Minecraft for example.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to Ideas for KotC 2