Party size and move action spell casting

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Postby rpgguy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:34 am

At the KotC 2 Faq under "What is the size of the player's party?" it says up to 6, but all the videos I have seen so far show 5 characters only. Am I right to assume Augury of chaos is for 6 characters but The dark arena is for 5?

If a character casts a spell as a move action ( due to feats/abilities) can he then cast another spell with his standard action or is it only max 1 spell per round?
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Advert

Re: Party size and move action spell casting

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:06 am

The FAQ says that you can create up to six characters. As I wanted to playtest the three additional companions simultaneously, I had to use a party of five characters. For The Dark Arena, I think that six party characters is a good number, including companions. The more characters there can be in the party, the more monsters you have to put in every encounter. That can get tedious. Even for the player, a bigger party means that some characters will just skip their turns in battle.

Sure, you can cast a move-action spell and then follow with a standard-action spell. You can also cast a free-action spell, followed by a move-action spell, followed by a standard-action spell.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby rpgguy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:38 am

Thanks for the answers!

I have decided then on my party, I will make a Fighter drake, Kobold rogue, Human Death knight, Dwarven Cleric with Life and Cure domains, Mantis druid and Elven Wizard.

If I take Healing mastery feat for my cleric will the 1d8 bonus be maximized as well?

Also where can I see the bonus spells you get from a high wisdom score for cleric/druid and high intelligence score for wizard?
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:38 am

Curing is a very good domain.

Yes, if you take the feat Healing Mastery, the 1d8 bonus from the feat is maximised.

You can see the bonus spells from high ability scores on this webpage: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Ability_Scores
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to Ideas for KotC 2