Pre-KS Update

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Re: Pre-KS Update

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:15 pm

Hi all, as promised, here is the video announcing the KS dates :)

https://youtu.be/zBzQcTHyEog

And here is the final URL of the project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/knights-of-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs

The page preview is still available at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/947609585?ref=8amqiu&token=df2b2dd2

Here's an image I've also posted on Instagram (click to enlarge). Enjoy :)

'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Advert

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 pm

Quick post for a good news: GOG.com has contacted me, so I expect to be able to have KotC and KotC 2 on GOG as well as Steam!

GOG said that the community has been more and more interested in getting KotC on their platform. Thank you guys, you're awesome! :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue May 12, 2020 9:56 pm

KotC 2 Features (French version below)

• Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
  • A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
  • Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
  • More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells at heroicfantasygames.com). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments.
  • With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list at heroicfantasygames.com).
  • Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
  • Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
  • KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
  • Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best modules may also generate an income stream for you.
  • Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learnt by a character.
Principaux Éléments de KotC 2

• Combat tactique au tour par tour assez semblable à celui de Dark Sun Shattered Lands et Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • Interface facile à utiliser. Lancez avec un seul clic une charge, une attaque complète ou un coup de grâce : le jeu vous offre la meilleure option disponible automatiquement.
  • Intelligence artificielle émergente. Vos ennemis sont parfaitement capables d'utiliser les nombreuses options tactiques et sorts magiques.
  • Fichiers d'aide omniprésents et explications claires et détaillées concernant le résultat de toutes vos actions.
  • Plus de 700 Sorts et Pouvoirs Psioniques, ainsi que 22 Classes de Personnages, 10 Races, 478 Capacités Spéciales, 41 Domaines Divins, 71 Enchantements d'Armes.
  • Fabriquez vos propres armes et armures et enchantez-les pour les améliorer de nombreuses manières.
  • Dialogues à options multiples offrant des choix et des conséquences réelles dans le jeu. Faites bon usage des nombreux talents uniques de votre équipe!
  • Puzzles et énigmes captivants. Décodez les mystérieux messages secrets avec une interface de décryptage inspirée par Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars.
  • Dans KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, faites progresser vos personnages depuis le premier niveau jusqu'au niveau 21.
  • Utilisez l'éditeur intégré pour créer facilement de nouvelles aventures, de nouveaux monstres et de nouveaux dialogues.
  • KotC 2 offre de nombreuses fonctionnalités de confort et d'accélération du jeu, comme le chargement rapide des parties sauvegardées.

Feel free to check out:
Travel Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/HeroicFantasyGames
Travel and Fantasy Images at https://www.facebook.com/HeroicFantasyGames
And the KotC 2 Kickstarter Puzzle Challenge at https://twitter.com/HeroicFantasy. Cheers! :twisted:

PS. I hope you can join the Reddit 'Ask Me Anything' at r/Games on 11 June from 8 am US Central time (3 pm Paris time). 8-)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby TrollPrince » Sat May 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Please tell us about the sprites.

The game is no fun without the sprites.
TrollPrince
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby BlueSalamander » Sat May 16, 2020 8:54 pm

When it comes to sprites, we'll be aiming towards something more like this (Baldur's Gate 2 screenshots, click to enlarge):

Image Image

Rest assured, though, that the game is very enjoyable even with the flat tokens, as mentioned in the KotC 2 Kickstarter FAQ. Cheers 8-)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby TrollPrince » Sat May 16, 2020 9:09 pm

I really enjoy the sprites.

I will gladly pay for Sprites tier or even an Advanced Sprites tier.

Maybe a stretch goal? Or even an upgrade?

Can't wait for this game. I've run the original at least 3 times since 2018 when I found it and even picked up TOEE.

I wish there were other games like KOTC and TOEE.
TrollPrince
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby Dickie » Sat May 16, 2020 10:07 pm

I actually like the tokens. I like that you can see the HP on them and presumably status effects would have icons on them. I think it'll make it easier to get an idea of the state of the board at any time, with just a glance.
Dickie
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby TrollPrince » Sun May 17, 2020 2:43 am

No
TrollPrince
Griffon (CR 4)

Postby Dickie » Sun May 17, 2020 6:21 pm

Yes
Dickie
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

Postby rpgguy » Sun May 17, 2020 6:47 pm

If only you could pick whatever you like... oh wait...

By the way troll prince it is already in the tier upgrades, just have to reach them...
rpgguy
Vrock (CR 9)
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas for KotC 2