Silencing don't work?

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Silencing don't work?

Postby LordSith » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi,

In the room where a girl is hold hostage by Yanos I used a Silence cleric spell level 2 but then, the enemies could move and be free to cast their spells. The game tool tip wrote "silenced" on all enemy npcs.

Is silence a area spell which dispell when you leave the area?? In no other game does it work like that so I find that really strange.

Edit apparently it works like a area spell... that's really not what the spell describe.
(Sorry for no further report, I'm going back to pathfinder kingmaker until next version which remove the CTD's.)

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Silencing don't work?

Advert

Re: Silencing don't work?

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:06 am

Yes, Silence is a terrain-affecting spell. The enemies lose their silenced condition when they leave the Silence area.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Re: Silencing don't work?

Postby Noumenon » Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:32 am

Silence is an area spell in 3.5 too. For the silence that sticks to a particular caster, you want Mute or Mass Mute.
Noumenon
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG