“Spoilers be here” Lich

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

“Spoilers be here” Lich

Postby Delvaron » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Hey has anyone found the holy item to use to finally kill the Lich in the High sewers? I’ve been everywhere besides killing the coven in the lower sewers.
Delvaron
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

“Spoilers be here” Lich

Advert

Re: “Spoilers be here” Lich

Postby Delvaron » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:57 am

I figured out the Lich.....
Spoilers ahead

You use the Tome of the Dead.

So get the Tome of the dead from Pizzara ( I have forgotten her name sorry)
Make a copy of it with rogue character and person with arcana
Take it to the Hags trade for the Rod of Reversal (to open the tomb the Lich is in and in petrify people along with the Paladin companion)
They summon a demon with it. Tell the demon you will set it free for a reward (I came back after most of the high sewers done) I choose the Archmage robe +8 ac 1 spell per level and 20 hit points.
Kill the coven and guardians with Demons help they drop the book again
Demon turns on you don’t use the book just fight him. (He is easy if you have a skewer weapon my Half-giant Fighter tripped him then crit him 4 times
Go fight the Lich use the book on him after you knock him out to put him down permanently.
Then when you go to the exit of the high sewers a few demons appear give them the fake and they will give one of your characters +2 str and con and say they might see you again so I assume some auto surprise revenge attack later.
Delvaron
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Rasputin » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:20 am

So I'm basically screwed because Pizarra bugged out as I reported earlier. She disappeared after I told her she could join us. No tome of the dead, no completion.
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Delvaron » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:35 am

Yeah she bugged out on me 4-5 times and that fight is so infuriating I put her down
Delvaron
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Rasputin » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:12 pm

This might make me go through the hassle of figuring out the editor so that I can insert the book of the dead back into the game.
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Rasputin » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:46 pm

It was pretty easy to figure out.

While I was at it, I stuck a few more bags of holding on the floor. Really helped with the inventory problem.

Off to the Hags.
Rasputin
Iron Golem (CR 13)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby jms123 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:06 am

Delvaron wrote:So get the Tome of the dead from Pizzara ( I have forgotten her name sorry)
Make a copy of it with rogue character and person with arcana
Take it to the Hags trade for the Rod of Reversal (to open the tomb the Lich is in and in petrify people along with the Paladin companion)
They summon a demon with it. Tell the demon you will set it free for a reward (I came back after most of the high sewers done) I choose the Archmage robe +8 ac 1 spell per level and 20 hit points.
Kill the coven and guardians with Demons help they drop the book again
Demon turns on you don’t use the book just fight him. (He is easy if you have a skewer weapon my Half-giant Fighter tripped him then crit him 4 times
Go fight the Lich use the book on him after you knock him out to put him down permanently.
Then when you go to the exit of the high sewers a few demons appear give them the fake and they will give one of your characters +2 str and con and say they might see you again so I assume some auto surprise revenge attack later.

Also, if you don't have the right abilities to copy the book, you can still get the rod by just killing the witches. I did that and the lich as the last 2 things in the sewers to make sure I could get all the spell scrolls from the witches and buy anything I wanted to buy. It made the witch fight probably the easiest fight in the game :), it is one of the only ones you can delay for a lot of levels worth of content. The other downside of my approach was that the Paladin was way under leveled at that point, so is now quite a bit behind everybody else. Still great as an inventory mule though. Obviously you lose out on the other rewards you get for using the fake book.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG