Adding PP to a psyonic power : energy bolt

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:40 pm

Hi,

The psyonic power level 3 which does a straight line damage (energy bolt) says you can pay 1PP additional to do some more damage.

I noticed that normally you would select a PP number under the power list (from the minimum cost available). But for that power, I see 5 red, and all the other costs are greyed...
For the crystal shard, it worked perfectly to click on 1 PP or up to 5PP iirc.

So I guess that power is not working correctly.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: Adding PP to a psyonic power : energy bolt

Postby LordSith » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:27 pm

Same problem with energy adaptation:

see description.

See that i cannot add +6PP even if I have 77 of those.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby jms123 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:54 pm

There is a limit on the max PP you can spend on a power. I don't recall if it was documented in the help anywhere, but it might be the character's class level. So you can only increase the PP a certain amount. You won't be able to increase the PP spent on a power when you first unlock the power, but after you gain some levels you will be able to. For that Energy Adaptation example you have to add +6 PP, so you'd need more character levels before you gain access to the improved version.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby LordSith » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 am

OK, obviously if that's correct, it isn't said anywhere in the psyonic power information where I looked. If that's lost in the rules... sorry, I won't read all the rules (which are huge...) to play a videogame : i expect the game to mention it when relevant :). It should be relevant to say it in all psy power description when they can be "improved" like that.

Or at least, have a "Note: see also PP limit use" with a link to a dedicated page explaining that you can only use PP up to your level.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby jms123 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:57 pm

Like I said, I don't recall if it was documented, I just noticed that behavior while playing. But in general it makes sense because otherwise powers would become way too powerful for the character's level and could far outclass spells if you could just dump all of your PP into a single damage dealer.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby Atoch » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:33 pm

In the description of the class "Psionicist" ((here, under "Special Abilities") or the corresponding ingame-help):
It is often possible to augment a power by spending more power points than the minimum. However, a character cannot spend more PP on a power than his character level.
Atoch
Umber Hulk (CR 14)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby LordSith » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:19 pm

Thanks.

Like I said after your first post, I guess the information is there... because the database is HUGE. It's like a dictionnary. TOO huge. I can't read all. So I thought a better tooltip or psyonic reminderin each psyonic power would be better.

I'm playing in good faith, but i'm amazed (in the wrong sense) that so much things I think are bugs are (unknown to me) features. I know I never played a D&d game since 2.5 except the pathfinder kingmaker game which I finished after 300h to understand a bit better than "normal" so... well thank you all for the input!

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG