Just bought it, very nice. Linux version someday?

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Paul.Illes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 pm

Hello there! I've just bought this game and I already enjoy it! :) Thanks for creating it.

It's working more or less nicely even in a Linux + wine combination provided there's a good openGL driver loaded (like binary nvidia).

Is there a chance that this one could be ported to Linux sometime? I know it's not easy, but probably the classic graphics and 2D style makes it a little bit easier to make a port.

Cheers,
Paul
Paul.Illes
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Advert

Re: Just bought it, very nice. Linux version someday?

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Hello! Never say never, but it's not a priority currently. I know very little about Linux, or the Macintosh for that matter.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Paul.Illes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:02 pm

That could be making some profit I guess, a lot of tech folks who like Linux - are digging classic style rpgs as well; just thinking about how many roguelikes are popular under that platform.

Anyway I'll try to install and tweak in wine to make it fully working - currently I've some trouble with the music playback (but I still havent read up on that, how wine can be made to play midi).
Paul.Illes
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby ErrrorWayz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Linux makes me sad.

: (

Anyway, it works fine in Vista and under Windows 7.
ErrrorWayz
Chimera (CR 7)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby rabadi » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:12 am

Yes, I second the Linux version request for the future. Linux version will be nice, and won't make people sad :D
rabadi
Kobold (CR 1/4)

Postby Paul.Illes » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:30 am

Another thing with wine is that I can only play it in fullscreen. But that's not too bad, i don't like playing games in windowed mode (tho in this case, it's not the best thing, because on LCD it's blurred in fullscreen).

Probably if there was an option in fullscreen mode to double/triple resolution (like in Windowed mode), that would be a nice thing (even under Windows!). Dear developer, is that a possible thing to add in a patch?

I still couldn't make the MIDI music work with Wine. (Still I play it under linux). If anyone happens to try it, and it happens to work (MIDI music), drop here a reply please. :)
Paul.Illes
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:41 pm

I don't understand what you mean by double or triple resolution in full screen mode?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Paul.Illes » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:10 pm

BlueSalamander wrote:I don't understand what you mean by double or triple resolution in full screen mode?

Seems like I should really try it under Windows now to know how it looks in windowed mode (i've read other people mentioning different resolutions in windowed mode, I meant something like that in full screen mode, so that I can choose from different resolutions that would be a 'stretched' version of the original full screen image but in a full screen mode. Sorry if I talk illegible, i'll try it in windows tonight.)
Paul.Illes
Stone Giant (CR 8)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby ErrrorWayz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 pm

rabadi wrote:Yes, I second the Linux version request for the future. Linux version will be nice, and won't make people sad :D

:lol:
ErrrorWayz
Chimera (CR 7)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Ahh, I understand now. Well that would be just the same as windowed mode, but with black borders along the screen edges. Perhaps later.
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Next

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG