demo crashes when I start it

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby repsaredems » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:35 pm

I am running vista 32 bit, latest direct x, latest device drivers, and the demo crashes as I start it. It is installed in the default directory and I have tried running it with different compatibility settings, this is on 1.4. Anything I am missing or doing wrong?
repsaredems
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Advert

Re: demo crashes when I start it

Postby Over » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 pm

repsaredems wrote:I am running vista 32 bit, latest direct x, latest device drivers, and the demo crashes as I start it. It is installed in the default directory and I have tried running it with different compatibility settings, this is on 1.4. Anything I am missing or doing wrong?

Try to right click the exe file (or the shortcut) and run it as an administrator.
Over
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby repsaredems » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Over wrote:
repsaredems wrote:I am running vista 32 bit, latest direct x, latest device drivers, and the demo crashes as I start it. It is installed in the default directory and I have tried running it with different compatibility settings, this is on 1.4. Anything I am missing or doing wrong?

Try to right click the exe file (or the shortcut) and run it as an administrator.

Yeah I tried that and it did not work.
repsaredems
Goblin (CR 1/3)

Postby Over » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 pm

Strange. The game runs perfectly on Vista 32bit, only found a crashing bug in the 64bit version.

Does it crash when you execute the file or when you start the game (or load a saved game)?

Try to uninstall the game, reboot and reinstall.
Over
Ancient Black Dragon (CR 19)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG