Stuck in Mountain Pass Underground (spoilers)

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Postby Demiath » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Ok, I'm really stuck in the Mountain Pass Underground (where you end up after having fallen through a trap door in the labyrinth above). I cleared out the dungeon, killed Krissagor, read the note which says "follow the exit marked by a skeleton", but then spent an hour or so yesterday clicking like mad on everything. My most reasonable interpretation (and there have been many!) of the clue is that it 1) refers to the skeleton lying in the big southwestern room, and 2) therefore implies that the exit is located somewhere in the northeastern parts of the dungeon (possibly that small room with a stone floor?), but that's about as far as I get (please bear in mind that I'm one of those "camp fire? what camp fire?" guys). There are a few statues here as well but it doesn't seem like you can interact with them (I even tried to cast stone->flesh on one of them).

Could anyone who've played through this section perhaps come up with a smart and not too obvious clue which might nudge me gently in the right direction?
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Advert

Re: Stuck in Mountain Pass Underground (spoilers)

Postby getter77 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:29 pm

In the room you fought the big baddie, you will find what you seek. Channel your inner wanderlust within that room, and all will be well.
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Demiath » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Thanks for that poetic little clue, getter77...which only confirms that I'm even more lost than I thought I was.
Last edited by Demiath on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Quick note to say that the slavers are quite subtle in their efforts to stop any enterprising would-be hero... Red herrings abound...
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Demiath » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Quick note to say that the slavers are quite subtle in their efforts to stop any enterprising would-be hero... Red herrings abound...

No kidding. There are enough red herrings in this dungeon alone that the UN should seriously consider establishing fishing quotas. :D
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby Demiath » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:48 pm

I "found" the "solution" by clicking aimlessly with the mouse across the screen while distractedly looking out the window at some rain clouds on the horizon. Call me the absent-minded Pixel Hunter...
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Postby getter77 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:23 pm

Sometimes you may find it refreshing to move about with the numpad 8624 keys with some clicking upon interest. Helps keep the click count down until this possible "hold mouse for movement" somebody raised as a hopeful improvement a few days back. :lol:
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Demiath » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:31 pm

ometimes you may find it refreshing to move about with the numpad 8624 keys

Good idea, but I play the game on a laptop so numpad movement is not really a realistic option for me (it's technically possible if I, say, put a heavy object on my "Fn" key, but that's not a very practical solution).
Demiath
Marilith (CR 17)
Master of the Magic Lens
Knights of the Chalice
Battle of the Sands

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG