Minor Bug

This is the place to talk about KotC, ask for help, and report bugs.

Minor Bug

Postby skavenhorde » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:52 am

Just found a minor bug when trying to duel weild a Kurk+1. It kept saying "wrong size catagory" It's a small, light weapon unless I'm mistaken it can be weilded in the off hand. I then tried to click on my longbow and the game crashed.

Not a huge bug, but if I can't duel weild then I just wasted a feat pick :?
skavenhorde
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Minor Bug

Advert

Re: Minor Bug

Postby xalles » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:59 am

IDK about the crash but I had the same equipping problem with probably that same kukri. It took me forever to realize that your guys can't use "small" weapons. In order to use it, you have to enlarge it with a spell. There are "large" weapons later on that can be handled in a similar way.
What's with people who answer their own questions? I guess they're just stupid.
xalles
Fire Giant (CR 10)
Psionicist
Knights of the Chalice

Postby skavenhorde » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks for the heads up. Seems odd that you can't use small weapons, is this a bug or part of the rules?
skavenhorde
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby getter77 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:15 pm

Part of rules providing. Your party are Medium sized, thus they use Medium stuff. If ever you find yourself bigger or smaller, you will then see exactly what that would mean in terms of equipment size...
getter77
Gold Wyrm (CR 25)
Playtester
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Pod » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Try casting enlarge monster or reduce monster on someone... notice how drastically different in size they are. I think the idea is that the handle is too small, etc.
Pod
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby skavenhorde » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Makes sense. A little different that D20, but nothing major. Although I miss turn undead A LOT!!!

and that crash was related to somehow a club got placed in my bow weapon slot. When I tried to pick it up the game freaked out and crashed. Not sure how a club got in there. I'm pretty sure I put a longbow in there :lol:
skavenhorde
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:55 pm

skavenhorde, if you have a saved game with the club in your ranged weapon slot, I would be interested.
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby Gendal » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:08 pm

skavenhorde wrote:Makes sense. A little different that D20, but nothing major. Although I miss turn undead A LOT!!!

and that crash was related to somehow a club got placed in my bow weapon slot. When I tried to pick it up the game freaked out and crashed. Not sure how a club got in there. I'm pretty sure I put a longbow in there :lol:

I had the same thing happen. I saw a club in the range slot and couldn't figure out how it got there. So I clicked on it and the game crashed. So far after 20+ hours of play it's crashed twice, which for an RPG is pretty good. Didn't save though, if I see it again I will be sure and try and save.
Gendal
Hobgoblin (CR 1/2)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Postby skavenhorde » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:02 am

BlueSalamander wrote:skavenhorde, if you have a saved game with the club in your ranged weapon slot, I would be interested.

It's already been copied over, loving this game too much sorry about that. I'll try to recreate it since it happened soon after I started playing. I know I bought a bow at the fortress for all my guys save the wizards who had a xbow. I went to the starter dungeon and soon after I killed the vampire in the room with the kurki +1, there were clubs in the bow slots instead of the bows. At first I thought it had something to do with the kurki +1 because I couldn't equip it, but that has been explained and resolved. If you clicked on the clubs the game crashed, but if you first picked up another range weapon and swapped the club out it wouldn't crash. Then once it was in the inventory it still would crash if you left clicked it. So I just left it there for awhile. I exited the game and then came back. Then I tried to get it out of the inventory in the buy/sell screen and to my surprise I could pick it up and destroy it.

Funny thing, it was all the bows except for the crossbow. I'll let you know if I can recreate the bug.
skavenhorde
Griffon (CR 4)
Knights of the Chalice

Postby Pod » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:01 pm

The random mummies than spawn after you clear out the orc fort give way too good loot for their threat. The other monsters there give the usual crap loot, but these guys have dropped me loads of rings, a +5 cloak (:D), tonnes of gems, etc etc. I think they're a bit unbalanced -- I could just sit here fireballing them/camping/fireballing/camping etc and racking up the decent loot without the slightest risk to myself.
Pod
Kolyarut (CR 12)
Knights of the Chalice

Next

Return to About the Knights of the Chalice cRPG