Going into inventory during combat is not noob friendly

Here's the place to talk about the features you would like to see in a sequel to KotC.

Postby LordSith » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi,

During my fight with the elementals in the fire brazier, I noticed one of my character having a special like "restore all spells slot". I wanted to go to inventory to check this, and hit I.

Character died.
I didn't understand why since it was his turn. Next character, I hit I again, to go see that item before reloading.
Now he dies also, but I understand that using I during combat triggers an attack of opportunity.

For novices with the rules and items, it's frankly not fun at all. I imagine all of you who knows the items and all per heart do not need to check what you have in your possession but that's not my case...

It's really such a bad feature to kill your mage because you want to check what scrolls and what potions he has available in the inventory.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: Going into inventory during combat is not noob friendly

Postby BlueSalamander » Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:10 pm

True, true. Something to be highlighted in the tutorial. When you only want to check out someone's item, without triggering AOOs, you have to open their character sheet (click on the character or mouse over them and push V) then click on the bottom-right button to display the character's inventory screen. Cheers :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to Ideas for KotC 2