1.13 : queen spider fight before talking to prince = missing

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Sun May 30, 2021 11:05 am

Hi,

I made two playthroughs for that fight:

1st, i joined the prince before facing the queen. After the fight, i have access to his store.

2d, i defeated the spider queen before talking to him (to try to have more xp as the game warned me that "accepting help lowers XP by 40%" in the tutorial village iirc) and talked to him after the fight... same discussion as in 1st playthrough, but then he disappears and his store is not accessible at all because the trigger fight is already done.

Isn't this a bug?

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: 1.13 : queen spider fight before talking to prince = mis

Postby BlueSalamander » Sun May 30, 2021 6:36 pm

2d, i defeated the spider queen before talking to him (to try to have more xp as the game warned me that "accepting help lowers XP by 40%" in the tutorial village iirc) and talked to him after the fight... same discussion as in 1st playthrough, but then he disappears and his store is not accessible at all because the trigger fight is already done. Isn't this a bug?
Absolutely. I forgot that you could fight the Queen alone without even talking to the Prince, and then you would be going back to the corridor and meet the Giant Spider Prince there. I think that the Prince should not appear at all if you've chosen to fight alone. He will be too scared of you and he'll just remain in hiding. I'll fix that soon.

Thank you very much for the bug report! Cheers :)

[Edit] Or maybe the Prince should attack the party while the player is fighting the rest of the spiders. I'll see. :D
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Sun May 30, 2021 7:55 pm

In my 2d playthrough i killed them since it served no purpose anymore. Why not a surprise attack on us.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:47 pm

Thank you. :)

You mean a surprise attack while the player is still fighting the Queen, or only after the Queen has been beaten and the player is moving back through the small rooms and corridors?
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Postby LordSith » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:02 pm

I was thinking after the queen is dead:
the player didn't ally them;
obivously "during the fight" they shouldn't intervene (the prince wants the queen dead).
They could appear if the player is badly losing - but what is the point in gameplay? in story they show their support to the queen.
Or they could appear supporting the player if he is winning - but yet again, what the point in gameplay? and in story they take an useless risk.

But i would have found very fun if they attack my party right when i kill the queen in a "YOU KILLED THE QUEEN [that i wanted to be dead but now i can advocate for revenge publicly and be king, thank you thank you, now die!]" dialogue.

LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Postby BlueSalamander » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:01 pm

i would have found very fun if they attack my party right when i kill the queen in a "YOU KILLED THE QUEEN [that i wanted to be dead but now i can advocate for revenge publicly and be king, thank you thank you, now die!]" dialogue.
Ahaha! Okay, we'll go for that then. Thank you for the great suggestion!! 8-)
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG