BUGS? No spell slots from INT/WIS/CHA items + stairs crash

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby ociebieda » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:11 am

Not sure if it is intended with rules, but wearing item that gives bonus int/wis/cha, does not increase spell slot bonus from ability modifier.
If this is how it should work, then I think it is really not fair when compared to increasing other abilities with items that work with full potential (str/dex/con giving bonuses to everyhing as normal).
Pure slot bonus from items works fine.
I guess it is all about not getting more spell slots by increasing ability with spells (like enhance ability), but I still think it should not be a case with items, while other increased abilities get all benefits.

Additionally, I found crash bug (v1.32, did not saw it fixed on latest patch list) related to tutorial module.
There is combat on stairs with band of bandits, near dragon, after you get text decoding puzzle and fight rust monsters.
If enemy casts grease and any party member starts to fall down on stairs enough times to not surive, then tutorial dialogue about it shows and when you click to end it, then game crashes.
It is not random, it happens every time, I had to repeat this fight 20+ times to be lucky enough with rng, so no one is defeated from stair falling during surprise round (save attached).

Tried to send email first, like it was suggested with last patch note.
Message auto returned with error: "Emails containing the word SEO cannot be sent to this email address. Apologies for the inconvenience."

Anyway, this game is really a hidden gem!
Thanks for making it!
Attachments
save.zip
(55.36 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
ociebieda
Manticore (CR 5)

Advert

Re: BUGS? No spell slots from INT/WIS/CHA items + stairs cra

Postby BlueSalamander » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:53 pm

Hello ociebieda!

Not sure if it is intended with rules, but wearing item that gives bonus int/wis/cha, does not increase spell slot bonus from ability modifier.
If this is how it should work, then I think it is really not fair when compared to increasing other abilities with items that work with full potential (str/dex/con giving bonuses to everyhing as normal).
Pure slot bonus from items works fine. I guess it is all about not getting more spell slots by increasing ability with spells (like enhance ability), but I still think it should not be a case with items, while other increased abilities get all benefits.
Yes. It's working as designed. You do get the bonus on spell difficulty class and saving throws, as appropriate. I just think it's fine like that. Also, I don't like the idea of adding a spell slot or removing a spell slot based on your character equipping an item or removing it from your equipped items.

Message auto returned with error: "Emails containing the word SEO cannot be sent to this email address. Apologies for the inconvenience."
My apologies for that. I've had too much spam from people offering to do SEO (Search Engine Optimization) in the past. If you ever get a message like this, please try to send the email again without those letters.

Additionally, I found crash bug (v1.32, did not saw it fixed on latest patch list) related to tutorial module.
There is combat on stairs with band of bandits, near dragon, after you get text decoding puzzle and fight rust monsters.
If enemy casts grease and any party member starts to fall down on stairs enough times to not surive, then tutorial dialogue about it shows and when you click to end it, then game crashes.
It is not random, it happens every time, I had to repeat this fight 20+ times to be lucky enough with rng, so no one is defeated from stair falling during surprise round (save attached).
Indeed. I've just fixed this source of crashes in version 1.39.

Thank you! Best regards 8-)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG