[bug]IMmunity to slowing not working

This is the place to provide bug reports and suggestions about KotC 2 Augury of Chaos.

Postby LordSith » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:47 pm

Hi,

https://imgur.com/a/PeYcjQq

This character has an item which gives him immunity to slowing, and yet, see: he is slowed.

It happens in the trap with the snake when you enter something called dead soul snare or whatever.

Playing KOTC steam version since march 2022.
LordSith
Silver Wyrm (CR 24)

Advert

Re: [bug]IMmunity to slowing not working

Postby jms123 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:27 am

Is the slowing immunity from that armor? Because 'supressed sword' (the other effect from the snare) prevents armor enchantments from working (check out the spell description for the spell of the same name). So I think the real issue is that the immunity to slowing should not show up during a suppressed sword effect (or should be marked as suppressed in some manner). But I think the actual result, of being slowed, is correct, as long a suppressed sword was applied first.

Another thing I noticed is that those snare effects seem to act as normal effects, meaning that they can be removed with the usual spells. So all those debuffs from the snare do is cause you to use up a couple of spell slots to remove them during/after the first fight in that area (which is a relatively easy fight). At first I thought they were some kind of special effects that could not be removed until getting out of the snare (sort of like the anti-magic, etc., squares in the death snares in Bards Tale II, which I think may be the inspiration for this area, there was also a memorable soul sucker encounter in the original BT), then when I realized they could be removed normally the snare become a lot easier.
jms123
Planetar (CR 16)
Knights of the Chalice
Knights of the Chalice 2
Kickstarter Knight

Re: [bug]IMmunity to slowing not working

Postby BlueSalamander » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:13 pm

Thank you. Here, it's a special case because you're receiving the effect from the environment through a script. Normally, the immunity applies to effects that you might receive in combat from the enemies.

But I will look into it and see if the immunity can be taken into account in that instance too.

Also yes, the slow effect can and should be removed from your characters quickly.

Definitely, Death Snares are inspired by the death snares of Bard's Tale II. :)
'Say there is a chunk of meat. Pirates will have a banquet and eat it! But heroes will share it with other people. I want all the meat!!' - Luffy in One Piece
BlueSalamander
Master Conjuror

Return to About the KotC 2 Augury of Chaos cRPG